Sunday 12 August 2012

when the rain is so bad that you have to make do..

At the moment I have two big end-of-term assignments due so I am really trying my best not to procrastinate. But I need to keep up with my posts or I'll have to do them all at once! Today I had hardly any food available and it is pissing down! I mean really pissing down! So I was to wimpy to even walk to the dairy to get milk for muffins or porridge. But I had to use up a green pepper and a courgette any so I decided to get creative.

So here is my creation:


roast green vege pasta & spinach salad
so simple but magnificently rich

1/2 a pack of your fav pasta (a spinach pasta go great with this recipe)
1 zucchini, cut into bite-sized chunks
1 caramelised onion
1 green bell pepper, seeded & chopped into small chunks
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
dried rosemary/oregano/basil
spinach

Preheat oven to 220c. Chop your onion and caramelise while chopping zucchini, pepper, and garlic. Pour boiling water over the pepper. Toss the veggies and garlic together in a roasting pan. Add the onion and pepper. Sprinkle with sea salt and ground pepper. Splash on some extra virgin olive oil. Chuck in a big spoon of the herbs and toss though veges. Roast for about 4o minutes or so. Stir a few times. Cook the pasta and toss a big spoon of pesto into the pasta with the roasted veges. I like to chuck in a handful of cheese, a dash of a sweet sauce (sweet chili, chutney), sprinkle some seeds, grate over some parmesan and toss the dish in the fridge for an hour to enhance the flavour and then toss in some fresh spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment